Friday, May 3, 2013

Five Happy Things!!

I've been such a negative Nelly (preferably Furtado over St. Louis) that today is a favorite things post.  So these are some of my absolute favorite commercials.

1. Nike, "If You Let Me Play Sports" 

I remember watching this when I was a young teen (13) and feeling down right empowered.  I played organized sports (track and field, cross country, softball, soccer and a disastrous attempt at basketball) from the age of seven until I was 21. I saw this commercial and thought "Okay, I am doing something right."

2. Volkswagen, "Singing In the Rain"

I have a friend from high school who has a very serious love of VWs and he introduced me to this cool little ad.  It never fails to bring a smile to my face.  The song by the way is a very cool remix by Mint Royale.

3. Gap, "Khaki Soul"


This is back when GAP not only had some pretty cool clothes (beyond basics, for a few years they had some really interesting designs) and *fantastic* ads featuring really cool music.

4. French Condoms

Hilarious? Check. Pragmatic? Check. 

5. Nike, "Good vs. Evil"

One of my favorite soccer commercials (there are a LOT of good soccer commercials).  I especially love the accent of the "Maybe they're friendly" guy and that bad ass collar flip at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment